We have had crazy weather this weekend. I'm sure you've all heard about the EF-2 tornado that struck downtown Atlanta on Friday night. After that storm front passed through 2 more quickly followed on Saturday. 11 tornadoes touched down in Georgia this weekend, one of which was only a few miles from where we live. I arrived at a baby shower Saturday afternoon to be greeted at the door with, "Get inside quick if you don't want to die. There's a tornado practically in our back yard." (Don't panic, huh, Michelle? :) ) I called J.T. to warn him to listen for the freight train and get the kids to the downstairs bathroom quick if he needed to. He laughed at me. (My panic over tornadoes amuses him.) Anyway, we did experience the quarter sized hale, but luckily, the tornado passed us by.
A photographer caught a perfect shot of the down town tornado Friday night during a lightning strike. I thought it was a pretty amazing scene, so included it above. The tornado is the gray strip in the middle of the picture.

.jpg)
2 comments:
yikes! that is so scary.
I have been down town Atlanta a couple of times. Jason and I couldn't believe this when we saw it on the news. I thought of you and hoped you were safe.
Post a Comment