Sunday, March 30, 2008

Aunt Jessica's Visit



Week before last Jessica came to visit us for 5 days. The girls are utterly convinced that she's their actual aunt. Try to tell Bella any different and she'll argue with you all day. That's okay. We like it that way!


We had a great time. My only complaint was that it went too fast. We were up til all hours catching up on the past 2 years. Okay, so we average 3 hours a week phone time, but it's not the same as "in person time".


I'm sure Jessica enjoyed going with me to dr. appointments, playgroups, choir, and gymnastics. She was a good sport about being drug all over with me. On Friday the girls were out of school, and so we went to see "Horton Hears a Who." It was really cute.


On Saturday we had our Primary Activity that morning and then visited the Margaret Mitchell house in downtown Atlanta that afternoon. That was where 90% of "Gone With the Wind" was written. Behind the house there was a museum devoted to the film memorabilia. We loved it. Not long after Jessica and I met I made her watch Gone With the Wind for the first time. She had a big problem with the ending. For the longest time she seemed to hold a grudge against me for making her "waste 4 hours of her life watching that movie." Ever since, she's had a love/hate relationship with the book and movie. (I think it's really more love than hate. :) ) So, visiting the house is something we just had to do.


On Friday night we had fun doing pictures of Aria and then on Saturday night we set up everything again and took pictures of Charlotte. It was so fun working together. If Idaho wasn't so far away, we'd make great business partners!


We finally got to bed around 1:30am and were up again at 5am to get Jessica to the airport. It was pretty sad saying goodbye, but spending time together was definitely fun while it lasted.

Mrs. McDreamy. Sorry Nate, I tried to stop her!

The Margaret Mitchell house. This is actually the back of the house. It was divided into small apartments. Margaret Mitchell and her husband lived on the bottom floor on the left. She affectionatley called it "the dump" and the name has stuck.

Mrs. Musil-McDreamy gets a kiss from Rhett Butler.

A visit to Tara. This is the doorway to Tara from the movie set. Inside is the portrait from the set of the mansion on Peachtree Street. (The one Rhett throws the whiskey at.)

1 comments:

mom2four said...

it is nice to of finally made my apperance!!! Thank you for letting me come and visit. I am so sad that I am not there. Tear!!! see you in 2 years. But unfortunatly nate says I cant leave him anymore. oh well see you in 2 years anyway!!!