The kids loved the tales of Fudge and Pee-tah (Peter). Even my 5 year old laughed out loud at his crazy antics.
This is our current reading project and the older girls are hooked.
A classic, in my book at least. I love anything by Beverly Cleary.
This was okay, however I didn't realize until we were halfway through the book and it just wasn't flowing for me, that we were reading the "movie tie-in junior novelization." The kids really liked the book, but this version just lacked something for me. I could tell it had the potential to tell a good story, but it just seemed awkward. We'll try it again with the actual novel.
Fudge is 5 and crazier than ever. I even laughed reading this one.
Stanley is a boy who is accidentally flattened by a bulletin board one night while he's sleeping. His new flat state allows him to go on several adventures including mailing himself to California to visit a friend (postage is cheaper than airfare) and posing as a painting to catch art thieves.
0 comments:
Post a Comment