With graduation behind us, the countdown was looming. Our days in Georgia were numbered. This was the hardest move I've ever made. I was happy enough where I was to stay there forever. But, that's not how life works out sometimes. We new we had to move on, so we sucked it up and made the most of our last days.

Michelle managed to avoid my camera in those last days, so I had to include this picture from Easter. Among other things, she put us up our 2nd to last night in town, watched my kids all day on the final move out day, and sent me off with a slide show on DVD of our days together that still makes me cry just thinking about it.
We first met in the mother's room during stake conference in Nov 2004. Trista was 9 months old and Sydney was not even 3 months old yet. Little did we know then that those 2 little babies and their mommies would become the best of friends.
Tina and Ryan threw us a wonderful going away party. Being choir buddies, both of us moms to all girls, and members of the Primary presidency together, Tina and I couldn't help but become friends. We really appreciate their efforts in helping us have a fond farewell. Here are some more pics from out get-together.
Keaton and Sydney
The Boatwright girls. What an amazing time it was to live so close to my parents and my brother's family for so long. Holidays just aren't going to be the same without the cousins all running around together. No matter how much time we did spend together, it never really seems like enough. There's only one time when I feel like a little girl again and that's when I have to say goodbye to my mama before a long distance move. It's just never easy.
Adam and J.T. Sarcastic shooting buddies who made a game of Apples to Apples the comedic event of the year.
Trista with her buddies, Avery and Sydney. I'm tempted to start a fund to help the Holtons out with the bill for Sydney's counseling. She did not take her separation from Trista very well. Poor baby.
Ava and McKenzie. Whenever her older sisters would talk about all of their friends Ava would say, "I have a friend and her name's Kenzie. She's just my friend, not yours." She wanted her own friends just like them.
All of the kids, and Haleigh, took turns riding this little car down the hill. It was quite the roller coaster ride if you can't tell from the look of sheer terror on Kassy's face.
Ryan's slam dunk caught at just the right moment.
We spent our last night in Georgia with Adam, Haleigh, and Mom, making brownies and cookies, playing Skip Bo, and watching movies.
Haleigh and the kids getting ready to watch a movie. She's a great aunt and sister!
Skip Bo!
All the cousins: Bella, Kassy, Jackson, Trista, Ava, Aria, and Charlotte. I think Kassy and Bella are still the only ones who grasp the fact that we can't just hop in the car and see each other whenever we want.

.jpg)
2 comments:
Great pictures Lesley! I'm sure it was hard leaving a great place, friends, family, etc. We're happy to be a little closer to you and look forward to seeing you all more often. Please come stay with us anytime!!
Carrie and Lamar
I feel for you. We will leave my family in December and move (most likely far far away)to our next stage in life. You are a wonderful wife, mom, and friend for doing ALL that you do.
Post a Comment