Saturday, July 18, 2009

Graduation...at last

SO, the big day finally arrived on May 17: J.T. graduated from medical school. I have to admit that it was one of the best days of my life, falling only behind my wedding day and my children's births. I cried like a baby and who could blame me? This was a day almost 10 years in the making! I did almost screw everything up when I left our tickets at home, but luckily I was able to track J.T. down. He pulled some strings and we all got in safely.

The class had so many military students that they did a mass oath of office after everyone walked. Do they look scaredk, or is it just me?



Immediately following graduation we had the pinning ceremony where J.T. was promoted from the office of 2nd Lieutenant to Captain. His dad and I got to pin on his new bars.

Here's my love, signing his life away to the United States Army. He was bought and paid for with 3 years worth of tuition, fees, and books, which comes out to be about $130,000 give or take $10,000.
By the way, the decent pictures were taken courtesy of Jessica. Mine were the first few fuzzy/dark ones. Thanks, Jess!

0 comments: