Friday, January 23, 2009

Art...right?

The art supplies.

The canvases. (above and below)




The artist.


While reading with Trista one mornning I realize suddenly that Ava has been too quiet for awhile. Immediately my heart begins to race and I go bounding up the stairs to her bedroom where I find the door locked.
Mom: Open the door, Ava.
Ava: I'm getting in the corner!
(That's Ava language for I've done something wrong and I'm punishing myself.)
Mom: Open the door, NOW!
(As I sniff the air I begin to notice a strange odor.)
Ava: I can't I'm in the corner!
(Light bulb! The "Strange odor" is nail polish!)
Mom: AVA, open this door right NOW!
Ava begins to whimper, swings the door open, and runs out protecting her bum with her hands as she streaks by me.
I have to distract myself so I don't beat her. I get my camera, pose her and take a picture. Then I put her in the tub to protect everything else upstairs from the lipstick all over her body, while I begin to scrub.


4 comments:

mom2four said...

I love that first picture of Ava. It makes me laugh. She is so proud of herself although she isn't supposed to be. hehe

Elder Nate Mountain said...

Oh NO!! What a mess, but the dialog is too funny :)

Randa said...

I love that picture!! I couldn't stop laughing. I love that she put herself in the corner. :o)

Tootsie said...

mike and i loved the story....you're great at capturing the moment....ditto...i LOVED that she put herself in the corner.