I was blog surfing last week and thanks to The Thompson Tales I found the link to one of my new favorite blogs: makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. She includes a lot of free patterns for "re-purposing" old clothes we're about to throw out. I found this idea and HAD to try it.
First off, we have holey jeans coming out of our ears. I've turned some into shorts, but really, you can only have so many pairs of shorts. This idea was perfect! I am the first to admit that I am not even an average seamstress, but I made it through this project and was pleased with my results. While "Make it and Love It" put this as a 30 minute project it ended up actually being more like 2 hours for me. The next one will hopefully take less time.
So Here it is! I'll give you my abridgement here, but for complete instructions visit http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html
This was for Trista, so I took a few measurements to decide how long I wanted the finished product to be and cut 2 strips of fabrics to accommodate. (This was about .50 worth of fabric from Wal-Mart's bargain section.)

.jpg)
4 comments:
That is so cute!! I have so many pairs of holey jeans--I'm not quite sure how to re-purpose htem for boys though, skirts won't work for us.
oooh! I love it! You did a great job!
Thanks for the shout-out! I love that blog, too. The skirt looks great. Hope y'all are doing well!
I LOVE this idea. I have been wanting more cute skirts for my girls. The thing is, they will hardly wear pants so I really don't have holey jeans to use for them.
Good job on the skirt. I'm impressed.
Post a Comment